baby bonding: from late pregnancy to babies on-the-move
baby bonding is a very gentle and effective preventative and early help attachment programme for parents and their babies-in-waiting and babies. It can be delivered with groups, 1:1 or through a home-visiting model and is suitable from 28 weeks of pregnancy.
This flexible programme is based on the latest attachment research which shows that supporting the earliest parent-infant attachment relationship sets the scene for the best outcomes for children right into adulthood. Pregnancy and the early months after birth represent a “window of opportunity” to share new knowledge with parents.
baby bonding aims to provide:
· Lovely local sessions designed to get parents and their babies off to the best start possible together
· Enjoyable interactive activities and resources to help build a strong relationship both before and after birth
· An opportunity to explore all aspects of baby development including the amazing baby brain, how babies communicate, how we can help to calm and soothe babies in our fast-moving world, and other important developmental information
· Empower and encourage parents as the experts in their baby’s care and how they play the most important part of all
· Share evidence-based tools and techniques with parents to help them manage the transition to parenthood and the challenges it brings
· Opportunities to develop a supportive network with other parents that may continue after the programme ends